Sunday 8 March 2015

Holika Holika - Makgeolli Brightening Mask Sheet Review

Konnichiwa Minna-san! Today I have a Korean Skin Care product reviewed for you and it is a skin brightening mask. 

Korea is very well known for their skin care products and their skin brightening products which promote a healthier glow, I have tried many of these masks over the past few years but I've never thought in depth about how they made my skin look and feel. The mask i'm reviewing today is from the brand Holika Holika and it is the Makgeolli Brightening Mask Sheet!


The packaging itself is very thick soft plastic which won't easily tear if you are traveling, the packet can also be folded up as there is not a lotion inside which could burst. The inside is foil lined to keep the mask fresh.


How to use:
 
1. Cleanse your face thoroughly and use a toner. 
2. Apply the face mask and wait 15-20 minutes
3. Remove mask and rub the extra product into your face and neck and wait for it to dry.
4. If you have very dry skin then possibly add a heavy moisturizer on top.  


I LOOK TERRIFYING... It's the perfect mask for scaring your family & friends if you can't sit still for 20 minutes. The mask itself is absolutely freezing when you first put it on! It is definitely a shock to your system and will wake you up. It feels like thick tissue paper that has been soaked in a gel-like serum, which is actually after a while a very relaxing feeling and you can feel like it is doing some good to your skin. 

Overall - 8/10: I would use this again but not for its brightening qualities as i'm not sure I can see much difference in skin's glow. However it makes your face completely baby smooth, and that is good enough for me in all honesty. It might not be what it says on the packet but I enjoyed it and the experience is very relaxing and pampering.

You can find 5 masks on Amazon for around £17, which is a little pricey but the store I originally bought mine from is not selling them anymore.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holika-Makgeolli-Brightening-Sheet-5sheets/dp/B00KRWWO96

You can find updates on my posts from my Social Media pages:



Sayonara Minna-san! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment